Time-Lapse photo-video is a new and exciting online marketing tool for corporate and commercial clients. McLaren Photographic is one of the only businesses that can offer expertise in all of these services for high definition time lapse video production, at a reasonable rate, superb quality and fast delivery.
- CASMI Spring World 2012 Time Lapse at McLaren Photographic Booth 1013
- Dynomax Spindle Machine Build Dynomax Inc. - Wheeling, IL
- 18th Green - BMW Golf Tournament 2011 Cog Hill Golf Club, Lemont IL
- BMW Owners' Pavilion - BMW Golf Tournament 2011 Cog Hill Golf Club, Lemont IL
- BMW Experience Tent - BMW Golf Tournament 2011 Cog Hill Golf Club, Lemont IL
- BMW Golf Tournament - Main Entrance and Parking Lot Cog Hill Golf Club, Lemont IL
- Delivery and Installation of 150 Ton Oak Punch Press Perfection Spring & Stamping
Time Lapse – Capturing Footage
The key to good time-lapse sequences is framing. ‘Framing’ is a blanket term describing the camera’s position, orientation and field of view. Once the position is chosen it must remain UNCHANGED throughout the entire project. McLaren Photographic will work with you to make decisions based on your site requirements, budget, elements and the time lapse project site.
Installation & Testing – we use only Canon equipment (Rebel T3i) and lenses for the time lapse capture, with no computer tethering required. An Intervalometer can be programmed for any time lapse interval and installed in a fiberglass housing protecting the equipment from weather, humidity and interference. The batteries are supported by a 5 watt Solar Panel and can be hooked up to an AC adapter for indoor applications. Daily monitoring, downloads and maintenance schedule performed and time lapse equipment are checked by McLaren Photographic technician on a regular basis.
- Time Lapse Ideal Capture Duration – 30 minutes to 24 hours (continuous)
- Power Supplies – Internal battery/AC power adapter/Timer Remote Control
- Installation – Fully mobile
- Weather Resistance – Portable tent and barricade
- Lead Time – 2-4 days
- Maintenance – Continuous on-site operator
- Ideal Capture Duration – 2 days/weeks/months up to 10 years
- Power Supplies – Solar Panel/Solar charger/High capacity internal battery pack
- Installation – Bolted to hard point tower, building or other immovable structure
- Weather Resistance – Fiberglass housing, transparent window, weather and humidity proof
- Lead Time – 1 week
- Maintenance – Regular service, download and inspection
- Manufacturing Processes
- Sports & Competitions
- Special Events
- Construction Sites
- Traffic Flow Analysis
- Environmental Studies
Once the raw footage is captured, the next step is to upload the time lapse frames into application software programs in the Adobe Creative Suite such as Photoshop and Premiere Pro where they are put through sophisticated batch processes and edited for superb quality HD output. Finally, the time lapse footage must be “rendered” to output movies with a playback rate, resolution, duration and media format to suit your needs. In fact, we can render multiple output time lapse movies from a single capture stream.
- Time Lapse Video for websites, email, iPhone, Android, iPad and YouTube
- Time Lapse HD Video on Blu-Ray Disc for presentations, trade-shows and public display
- Time Lapse HD Video on DVD for playback on laptops
- Time lapse filming duration and schedule
- Access to time lapse camera site
- Permission to film the subject area requires a property release
- Required sequence styles, duration and time lapse frame rates
In May 2010, it was reported that YouTube was serving more than two billion videos a day, which it described as “nearly double the prime-time audience of all three major US television networks combined”. In May 2011, YouTube reported in its company blog that the site was receiving more than three billion views per day. In January 2012, YouTube stated that the figure had increased to four billion videos streamed per day.